The 49th West European Fish Technologists Association (WEFTA) Conference will take place in Tórshavn, Faroe Islands in October 2019. The WEFTA conference provides a platform for food scientists, PhD students and fish processing industries to present their latest research achievements and share valuable experiences in the field of fish industry and aquatic products, quality and safety. This year's theme is 'Blue Value Creation, Bioeconomy, Health and Safety'.
Submissions for communications are invited for the following areas:
- Value creation from pelagic and demersal fish species (Industry Session)
- Sustainable aquaculture – healthy production today and in the future
- Zero waste production and biorefining
- Health effects of seafood consumption and promotion of marine-based food
- Factories of the future
- Seafood safety and authenticity
- Micro and macroalgae and future applications
For more details on the event, including registration, please visit the event website via the link below.