The Xiamen Symposium on Marine Environmental Sciences (XMAS) was established by Xiamen University's the State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science (MEL) in order to promote interdisciplinary studies in marine environmental science and to foster the next generation of ocean scientists, with the overarching theme The Changing Ocean Environment: From a Multidisciplinary Perspective.
The fifth iteration of this symposium (XMAS-V) will focus on how Multidisciplinary Sciences Can Serve a Sustainable and Healthy Ocean. It will consist of different, interconnected sessions covering physical oceanography, marine biogeochemistry, biological oceanography, and marine ecotoxicology along with workshops for emerging topics in marine environmental sciences such as how to achieve the goals outlined in the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030).
There are various windows for registration and abstract submission prior to the event that interested applicants should be aware of. These are listed below, but for more details and to learn more about the requirements, please visit the symposium website.
- 1 Feb - 15 May 2020: Call for Session/Workshop proposals window
- 20 May 2020: Session/Mini Workshop proposal acceptance notification
- 1 Jun - 31 Aug 2020: Abstract submission window
- 30 Sep 2020: Authors notified of acceptance
- 1 - 31 Oct 2020: Registration window
- 15 Nov 2020: Scientific programme posted
- 11 - 14 Jan 2021: Conference