The EuroMarine General Assembly (GA) meeting will take place in Brussels, Belgium, 7-8 February 2017. It will be hosted by CLORA, Avenue des Arts, 8, 1210 Bruxelles.
It will be followed:
- by a EuroMarine event at the European Parliament - Blue Science for Blue Growth: EuroMarine, connecting ideas and people, on on 8 February PM (security check: 14:00 - meeting: 15:00-18:00)
- by a EuroMarine (closed) Steering Committee meeting, on 9 Feb. AM (to be held at CLORA).
The EuroMarine Chairs and Steering Committee strongly encourage GA representatives and other participants in EuroMarine GA meeting to also participate in the EU Parliament event.
The initial registration deadline of 30 Nov. 2016 (based on which rooms have been chosen for the GA meeting and EU Parliament event) has been extended. Additional prospective participants are invited to register online by 31 December 2016.
- Registration form for EuroMarine members and other participants in EuroMarine General Assembly meeting: GA meeting + EU Parliament event
- Registration form for participants in the EU Parliament event only
The EU Parliament event is open to anyone interested and GA representatives are welcome to invite external participants to attend it (providing them with the relevant registration link).
The meeting room this year has a maximum capacity of 80 participants. GA representatives and representative of prospective new EuroMarine Member Organisations have priority for the GA meeting. The GA meeting is open to any other interested individuals or organisation (whose registration will be confirmed closer to the meeting, within room capacity limits).
Call for candidates and election of three new Steering Committee (SC) members
Three new SC members will be elected during the GA meeting (as prescribed by SC renewal rules). The call for candidates opens on 9 December 2016 and closes on 22 January 2017. While their term officially starts in July 2017, the three new SC members will be invited (if present) to attend the SC meeting that will be held on 09 Feb. morning after the GA meeting, and to participate in any online SC meeting or email exchanges prior to the official start of their term.
A provisional programme is available in the attached booklet. The overall structure of the meeting is as follows:
- Tue 7 Feb. (registration: 08:30 - meeting: 09:00-19:00 - onsite lunch): GA meeting (reporting, presentation of outcome of selected EuroMarine activities, discussion, poster session)
- Wed. 8 Feb. (morning, 9:00-12:15 followed by onsite lunch): GA meeting (formal business / decision-making session)
- Wed 8. Feb. (afternoon, 15:00-18:00 with security control at 14:00): EuroMarine Event at the EU Parliament.
GA (and SC) meeting venue: CLORA, Avenue des Arts, 8, 1210 Bruxelles.
This is central Bruxelles, and close to the EU Parliament where the EuroMarine event will take place on 8 Feb. PM.
Hotels: As most participants know Brussels and as hotel prices vary significantly in time, we did not assemble a list of hotels for the 2017 GA meeting.
CLORA often recommends Hotel One or Hôtel du Congrès to their visitors; both are close to CLORA.