In 2019 (as in 2018), EuroMarine organises two distinct, parallel calls:
- A call for proposals of activities (the present call)
- A call for application for individual fellowships (targeting EuroMarine PhD students and scholars in their first post-doctoral position, to let them attend an advanced course of their choice)
The general terms of both calls have been preannounced on 6 March 2019. This page will be updated to include the call text and application form as those are published.
Overview - Call for proposals for FWS and WG
The eligible categories of activities that will be funded in 2019 are limited to:
- Foresight Workshops ('horizon scanning', FWS) – maximum funding: 7,500 €
- EuroMarine Working Groups (WG) addressing strategic services or issues and reinforcing the network – maximum funding: 5,000 €
In order to be eligible, FWS proposals should have a real foresight dimension and target a publication. While the call is open to any topics, the Steering Committee would welcome proposals addressing EuroMarine priorities, as defined in EuroMarine's 2018 publication Ocean Frontiers for Sustainable Development Manifesto.
Proposals should involve at least three 2019 Full (paying) Member Organisations of EuroMarine, from at least two different countries. (Please refer to the provisional 2019 membership list and the corresponding list of General Assembly representative, both attached to the present call, and do not hesitate to contact secretariateuromarinenetwork [dot] eu for any contact information).
Activities should preferably be carried out in 2020 and any exemption should be justified in the proposal.
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of EuroMarine referees. The EuroMarine Steering Committee will make final decisions.
How to submit a proposal
Documents and links relevant to the present call will be provided at the bottom of this page when the call opens.
- 6 March: Preannouncement of the call
- 2 April: Publication of the call
- 31 May: Deadline for FWS and WG proposal submission
- 1 June - 1 Sept.: Review process
- 15 Nov. (at the latest, or earlier in Oct., depending on the scheduling of the SC meeting during which final decisions will be made): Notification of the results to applicants
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of referees (EuroMarine volunteers).
The EuroMarine Steering Committee will be in charge of the final selection and moderation to ensure a balance of disciplines and topics within the available budget.
Notification and publication of outcome - Participation in funded activities
All proposers will receive a notification by the announced deadline and the outcome will be posted on the EuroMarine website once proposers will have confirmed their acceptance of EuroMarine funds.
Activities funded by EuroMarine are open (within budgetary and logistic constraints) to EuroMarine members (beyond those identified by the proposers at proposal stage).
Each of the activities funded by EuroMarine will be described on a specific webpage on the EuroMarine website and will be announced in a timely manner on the EuroMarine mailing list so that EuroMarine members can apply to participate. EuroMarine members can refer to the online the list of all future EuroMarine activities, which includes all future funded scientific activities and will include activities funded under the present call after the outcome publication date.