The programme for the European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) Forum, taking place on 8 March 2018, was launched recently. The Forum is an opportunity to hear about the latest developments, get involved and help shape the way forward for EOOS. Now’s the chance to share your thinking and ideas with colleagues on the critical questions for the sustainable development of the European Ocean Observing System, and what we need to do as a community to address these.
It is hoped that those taking part feel a renewed commitment to engaging in the process of moving EOOS to the next level and in particular:
• Will have been able to contribute their ideas and concerns;
• Feel more confident in making the case for further and increased investment in EOOS;
• Appreciate the importance of, and understand the scale of the challenges in sustaining this complex system;
• Have strengthened relationships with other key players - implementers, users, and funders;
• Have a hand in shaping the EOOS strategy and implementation plan for the coming years