The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) is currently advertising for a role, situated on site in Bonn, Germany. The role, titled 'Global Assessment Officer for Technical Support Unit', is open to applicants until 14 March 2017. Upon recieving the role, the successful applicant will be given a contract that covers up until 31 December 2017, with the possibility of an extension until mid-2019.
The individual will be responsible for providing technical support to experts producing the IPBES Global Assessment on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services.
Specific tasks will include:
- Organising teleconferences among experts
- Provide experts with data upon request
- Coordinate with the task force on data and knowledge to support delivery of core indicators
- Assist in preparing assessment meetings
- Assist in production and launch of the assessment report
- Support all other IPBES meetings as a Secretariat staff member (e.g. task force meetings)
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Master's degree (or equivalent) in biodiversity or environment related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management, environmental management, sustainable development and/or conducting environment related assessments or research.
Technical expertise: Background in GIS, specifically the production of maps and basic spatial data analysis. Experience in ArcGIS or equivalent mapping software. Experience in the management of datasets and basic database skills a plus.
Experience with the UN system, especially in the field of international environmental issues is an asset.