The French Research Institute for the Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer) is seeking a suitable candidate for a currently available role, Head of Image Banking. The role is a full-time position. The successful apploicant will be part of the communications department. The Communication Department (DCOM) is responsible for defining and implementing the Institute's internal and external communications strategy, in particular by contributing to:
• the influence of the institute and its activities at the regional, national and international levels; Internationalization,
• the valorisation of projects, dissemination of results and updates of Ifremer's scientific and technological units, both internally and externally,
• monitoring and strengthening partnerships with various stakeholders (universities and Research, professionals, civil society, institutions, CCSTI, education, media ...), and actions with the general public.
The Head of Image Banking will be in charge of multiple taks, the most important of which will consist of the setting up and development of the new photo library of Ifremer, coordinates the collection of the iconographic funds and evaluates its relevance. It aims to optimize document management, to facilitate public access to images and to increase the audience of the photo-library, while guaranteeing the dissemination of reliable content.
The main activities the role will consist of includes:
• Coordinate the acquisition, identification, selection, indexing, uploading and management of images of Ifremer's future photo library.
• Guarantee the functioning and evolution of the tool in relation to the IT services.
• Analyze new requirements and draft specifications accordingly.
• Ensure in-house promotion of the new photo-library and coordinate the training and assistance of users and services contributing to the tool.
• Coordinate the dissemination of the fund: Facilitate search for users and manage image requests according to expectations (internal or external) by promoting the visibility of the Institute. Guarantee the respect of the right during the diffusion and the reproduction of the images, by writing if necessary letters conventions.
• Valuing the fund through actions such as photographic exhibitions, etc.
Applicants must have a minimum Advanced training (or equivalent) in information and documentation sciences, with strong experience or training in audiovisual documentation. A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar or related role is desirable.