EMBRC is looking for a motivated and proficient Scientific and Technical Communication Officer to support and amplify their development potential through effective communication, social relations and reporting. The policy level will be a main audience of EMBRC's communication objectives, including extensive and factual reporting activities. Articles will need to be produced to animate their social media channels, or events, telling the achievement realised by our scientific community, to a broader community of scientist and policy makers. The creation of original and structured content to adequately describe the EMBRC-ERIC activities, our achievements and our general organisational status will be a main activity.
Main responsibilities include:
• Prepare original messages, based on available documents, to be included in communication material such as printed brochures, audio-visual material or other forms of communication material representing EMBRC-ERIC, including social media channels, and addressing a variety of audiences, including policy, science, industry and the general public;
• Represent EMBRC-ERIC in scientific seminars, workshops and conferences, and multiply EMBRC's user
• Follow the projects in which EMBRC is involved in, preparing information and reports as required,
traveling to project meeting, and supporting the development of project-actions;
• Support the Executive Director in the creation of reports on EMBRC-ERIC status responding to policy
agency requests (among others: EU Commission, ESFRI Committee, OECD), and other material to
represent EMBRC in conferences and symposia.
• In coordination with the Secretariat, organise outreach activities, including scientific, policy, industry and
general public audiences;
• Other tasks as instructed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director.
Essential Skills and Competences
• Minimum qualification: Ph.D. in Natural/Biology/Life Sciences or equivalent;
• Minimum two-year experience in similar role;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Ability to read and summarise articles/reports of technical, scientific, and administrative nature;
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills, in writing and verbally;
• Excellent computer literacy, including command of MS Office package and ability to operate on multiple
platforms (Apple and Windows operating systems);
• Proven experience in the publication of communication material of high quality;
• Command of Image processing software (i.e.: Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop, others)
• Data analysis skills for analytical reports;