A dynamic and organised individual is required to lead on the management of the Cefas workshops and survey equipment deployed to support a number of high profile Cefas programmes and projects (both in the UK and overseas).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main areas of work that this post holder will be responsible for are:
• Cataloguing and tracking the location and status of survey equipment;
• Ensuring the equipment requested for surveys and fieldwork is effectively serviced and maintained (both ahead of and on return from survey); and
• Contribution to the identification and development of marine observation systems and technologies as required to ensure Cefas maintain capability and capacity in delivering the scientific outputs that support our current and future business delivery.
Essential skills include:
• Practical skills and experience, and demonstrable competency, in relation to H&S and the effective management and maintenance of survey equipment and operations;
• A good understanding of H&S requirements, including RA and COSHH. The post holder will be required to take an active role in relation to H&S, they will need to understand H&S processes and procedures related to vessel and shore side equipment; and
• Provision of solutions to RV and fieldwork equipment developments and technical issues, sourcing equipment and services (alongside project PMs and PIs) in support of the Cefas programmes.
• Good communication skills
• Good time and task management ability