Training 21st Century Marine Scientists and Engineers
for Academic and Non-academic Careers
23 February 2015 - Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn di Napoli (SZN) Naples, Italy
This is one of 18 activities that were funded after EuroMarine 2014 call for proposals. The worskshop will be held 'back-to-back' with EuroMarine 2015 General Assembly meeting.
- Identify structural problems in different sectors with respect to needed competencies
- identify cross-disciplinary training needs
- discuss "ideal" curricular models of PhD-level education
- propose solutions/instruments to train the new generation of marine scientists.
Please refer to the attached announcement and call for participation for details.
- Prof. Dr. Jeanine L. Olsen, University of Groningen (Centre for Ecological and Evolutinary Studies); background in marine biology and genetics; interests in marine genomics of adaptation invasive species, MPAs.
- Dr. Patrizio Mariani, DTU AQUA (National Institute of Aquatic Resources, Denmark); background in marine science and engineering; interests in population dynamics, understanding physical-biological coupling in marine ecosystems, ecological modeling.
- Dr. Bev MacKenzie, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST), UK; background in physical oceanography; senior technical manager
How to apply
Please fill in the application form at: http://goo.gl/forms/RNBt0FkaSA.
Deadline for applications: 05 January 2015
Decision and notification: 12 January 2015