Purpose and activities
The EuroMarine Association was prescribed by the FP7 preparatory project to provide the network with both an efficient and flexible management structure and a legal personality. The association manages the budget of the consortium since 2019. It is in charge of directly carrying out activities, notably all those related to the EuroMarine communication (in cooperation with AquaTT) and the EuroMarine fellowship programme (in cooperation with the OYSTER group). It also aims at raising external funds (through patronage and/or the participation in projects) in order to step up the existing activities and to develop new activities in line with the purposes and strategy of the network.
- Founding members: IRD, SZN
- Honorary members (i.e. members of the EuroMarine having joined the association after its creation): DTU Aqua
Any full member organisation of the consortium can join the association as honorary member. The statutes also allow (under the control of founding and honorary members, which all have a veto right) for another category of members: that of Active members (which can consist of organisations or individuals).
The General Assembly elects the members of the Bureau. The Bureau nominates a President, (optionally) a Vice-President, a Treasurer and a Secretary General.
- President: Philippe CURY (IRD)
- Vice-President: Patrizio MARIANI (DTU Aqua)
- Treasurer: Donatella DE PASCALE (SZN)
- Secretary General: Pierre-François BAISNEE (IRD)
- DUNS number (Dun&Bradstreet unique numeric identifier of businesses worldwide): 271487218
- EU PIC number (unique identifier for legal entities that intend to participate in EU funding programmes): 899251887
- French RNA identifier: W343022793
- French SIREN / SIRET identifiers: 842 113 607 / 842 113 607 00019
- EU intracommunity VAT number: FR83 842 113 607