- January 2018 - Jan 2019
- Young scientists: PhD students or individuals in first post-doctorate contract
- Full or Invited Member Organisation
- One candidate per organisation
- Develop the network's capacity to improve the marine landscape for early career scientists
- To apply, please see the call for nominations
Scope & Topic
The proposers of this bid have a vision for a EuroMarine network that has an active Young Scientist community engaging and exchanging with each other and the wider EM member network, providing inputs on the future direction of the network, as well as deriving maximum benefits from the current and future network activities and services.
- To set up a permanent Working Group for Young Scientists in EuroMarine
- For the WG to be designed and driven using a bottom-up approach by the Young Scientists themselves
- For the WG to be representative and a voice for young scientists within the EM governance structures
- For the WG to establish dynamic and innovative bottom-up Young Scientist Forum
- Empower and assist YS in leading international, interdisciplinary and intergenerational dialogue
- Provide perspectives to shape the development and progression of the network and its goals
- Defining a roadmap of their role within EuroMarine
- Building on the resources and talent available and allowing the bottom-up and openness aspects of EuroMarine to foster a holistic feedback to further develop and facilitate the future of the network, its Member Organisations and its researchers.
- Creating a WG to contribute to supporting a long-lasting EuroMarine network based on collaboration and sharing of knowledge and experience across Europe.
- Including all levels of researchers, from early career to senior scientists in the EuroMarine network to provide networking and collaborative opportunities for all career levels.
- YSWG application deadline: 16 February 2018
- YSWG selection announcement: 21 February 2018
- YSWG launch: 28 February 2018
- YSWG 1st Meeting (virtual): 24 April 2018
- YSWG 2nd Meeting (virtual): May 2018
- YSWG 3rd Meeting (face-to-face): June/July 2018
- YSWG working deadline for deliverables: next SC meeting, September/October 2018