In 2020 EuroMarine organises three distinct, parallel calls:
- A call for proposals of activities (the present call)
- A joint EuroMarine-EMBRC call for access to EMBRC facilities
- A call for application for individual fellowships (targeting EuroMarine PhD students and scholars within five years of their doctoral degree, to let them attend an advanced course of their choice)
The general terms of these three calls have been preannounced on 27 February 2020.
Overview - Call for proposals for FWS and WG
The eligible categories of activities that will be funded in 2020 are limited to:
- Foresight Workshops ('horizon scanning', FWS) – maximum funding: 7,500 €
- EuroMarine Working Groups (WG) addressing strategic services or issues and reinforcing the network – maximum funding: 5,000 €
In order to be eligible, FWS proposals should have a real foresight dimension and target a publication. While the call is open to any FWS topics, the Steering Committee would welcome proposals that: address EuroMarine priorities, as defined in EuroMarine's 2018 publication Ocean Frontiers for Sustainable Development Manifesto; are relevant to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-30) in general and particularly to the interdependences of Sustainable Development Goals (as pointed out in the GSDR 2019 report).
Proposals should involve at least three 2020 Full (paying) Member Organisations of EuroMarine, from at least two different countries. (Please refer to the provisional 2020 membership list and the corresponding list of General Assembly representatives, both attached to the present call, and do not hesitate to contact secretariateuromarinenetwork [dot] eu for any contact information).
Activities should in principle be carried out in 2021 and any exemption should be justified in the proposal.
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of EuroMarine referees. The EuroMarine Steering Committee will make final decisions.
How to submit a proposal
Documents and links relevant to the present call are provided at the bottom of this page.
Please refer to the other supporting documents or links to check out EuroMarine priorities or to find potential co-organising EuroMarine partners.
To submit a proposal, please fill in and return the application form (using either the Word or the Open Office template) following instructions therein.
- 27 February: Preannouncement of the call
- 1 April: Publication of the call
- 1 June (included): Deadline for FWS and WG proposal submission
- June - Sept.: Review process
- Oct.-Nov.: SC meeting where funding decisions will be made
- Nov. 15th (at the latest): Notification of the results to applicants
- The outcome will be made public when all leaders of funded proposals will have confirmed they accept funds (and the possible conditions set by the SC)
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of referees (EuroMarine volunteers).
The EuroMarine Steering Committee will be in charge of the final selection and moderation to ensure a balance of disciplines and topics within the available budget.
Notification and publication of outcome - Participation in funded activities
All proposers will receive a notification by the announced deadline and the outcome will be posted on the EuroMarine website once proposers will have confirmed their acceptance of EuroMarine funds.
Activities funded by EuroMarine are open (within budgetary and logistic constraints) to EuroMarine members (beyond those identified by the proposers at proposal stage).
Each of the activities funded by EuroMarine will be described on a specific webpage on the EuroMarine website and will be announced in a timely manner on the EuroMarine mailing list so that EuroMarine members can apply to participate. EuroMarine members can refer to the online the list of all future EuroMarine activities, which includes all future funded scientific activities and will include activities funded under the present call after the outcome publication date.