In 2017, EuroMarine organises two distinct, parallel calls:
- A call for proposals of activities (the present call)
- A call for application for individual fellowships (targeting EuroMarine PhD students and scholars in their first post-doctoral position, to let them attend an advanced course of their choice)
The general terms of both calls have been preannounced on 13 March 2017.
Overview - Call for proposals for FWS and WG
The eligible categories of activities that will be funded in 2017 are limited to:
- Foresight Workshops ('horizon scanning', FWS) – maximum funding: 7,500 €
- EuroMarine Working Groups (WG) addressing strategic services or issues – maximum funding: 5,000 €
To be eligible, scientific proposals should address EuroMarine priorities, as defined in the 2015 summary text on EuroMarine scientific strategy.
Proposals should involve at least three 2017 Full (paying) Member Organisations of EuroMarine, from at least two different countries. (Please refer to the provisional 2017 membership list and the corresponding list of General Assemblty representative, both attached to the present call, and do not hesitate to contact secretariateuromarinenetwork [dot] eu for any contact information).
Activities should preferably be carried out in 2018 and any exemption should be justified in the proposal.
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of EuroMarine referees. The EuroMarine Steering Committee will make final decisions.
How to submit a proposal
Documents and links relevant to the present call are provided at the bottom of this page.
Please refer to the full text of the call and to the terms and conditions of funding for details on eligibility criteria, eligible costs and constraints linked to funding.
Please refer to the other supporting document or links to check out EuroMarine priorities or to find potential co-organising EuroMarine partners.
To submit a proposal, please fill in and return the application form (using either the Word or the Open Office template) following instructions therein.
- 13th March: Preannouncement of the call
- 1st April: Publication of the call
- 31st May: Deadline for FWS and WG proposal submission
- 1st June - 1st Sept.: Review process
- 16th Oct.: Publication of the results
The two sets of proposals corresponding to the above two categories will be reviewed separately using specific criteria and specific pools of referees (EuroMarine volunteers).
The EuroMarine Steering Committee will be in charge of the final selection and moderation to ensure a balance of disciplines and topics within the available budget.
Notification and publication of outcome
All proposers will receive a notification and the outcome will be posted on the EuroMarine website.
Each of the activities funded by EuroMarine will be described on a specific webpage on the EuroMarine website and will be announced in a timely manner on the EuroMarine mailing list so that EuroMarine members can apply to participate.